EmployInsight strives to provide real insight, not just information. For this reason, we dig deeper and look further when doing verifications than you might expect. This is our idea of service excellence.
EmployInsight has access to a variety of databases to assist employers with verifying a number of documents and statuses, as listed below:
Credit Record Checks
A ‘clear’ credit report could for example, contain negative information or signs of potentially credit risk behaviour. For this reason, every credit record issued by us, is accompanied by a report that contains our professional observations and recommendations. In order to provide context, credit records with negative information are further clarified with the candidate and the company implicating the candidate.
Regular checks allow for proactive measures to be taken as and when needed. EmployInsight has access to multiple data houses including TransUnion, Experian, Compuscan and XDS.
It is important to note that we do not apply the information for any credit scoring.
Criminal Record Checks
Previous Conviction Enquiries, also known as Criminal Record Checks are only the starting point of Background Screening, and although important to know whether a prospective or current employee has a criminal record or not, it is not the answer with regards to competencies, cognitive ability, or ethics in the world of work. We determine a candidate’s Previous Convictions or criminal record status with the South African Police Service (SAPS) via Afiswitch.
EmployInsight is a reseller of data from Afiswitch, and we can conduct these Checks by capturing digital fingerprints and checking it against the AFIS database. The fingerprinting is done through our own integrated system, INSIGHT. We also have a national footprint where candidates can get their prints captured if the client does not have their own devices.
- Know your candidate
- Decrease risks such as liability and reputation
- Compliance with industry and company norms and regulations
How it works
- Subject to the priority of a criminal check, there are 3 options available at different costs:
• Standard: results within 48 hours
• Premium: results within 6 hours
• Priority: results within 90 minutes
- Ink fingerprints that have been taken manually can also be processed, provided that it was captured by an officer at a SAPS station, and that it is couriered to us.
- In addition, we have access to an extended national footprint that can deliver on the abovementioned.
No appointment and no cost for the candidate.
- Any of the abovementioned fingerprints can be resubmitted ‘as and when’ the client requires an update.
- Results will indicate whether the candidate has a ‘possible illicit’ or ‘no illicit’ record and are sent via a downloadable PDF report.
- Any details regarding the ‘possible illicit’ status are clarified in a SAPS69 report, which also indicates the candidate’s history of criminal convictions and/or any pending cases.
- Both the downloadable certificate and the SAPS69 record are included in our price structure.
Additional criminal checks
- On request we can also facilitate the following:
- Criminal record expungement for criminal records older than 10 years Police clearance
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
EmployInsight has access to a variety of databases to assist employers with verifying of all qualifications.
- Verify Grade 12 Verifications directly with Umalusi.
- Verify Matric and all Tertiary and Secondary academic qualifications held by the andidate from registered Local/African and International institutions.
The EmployInsight report includes the dates issued and confirmation of results.
If there is any information that does not correlate with the candidate’s information on different platforms, it will be clarified by EmployInsight.
Authenticate prospective employees’ and business partners’ identities. Validation of an individual’s ID by calculating the check-digit, and extracts the date-of-birth, gender, citizenship, sequence, and other information. The Home Affairs ID Verification will provide registered details on an individual with a SA ID number.
EmployInsight verifies passports with the Department of Immigration South Africa. If the passport number does not appear on the Department’s database, a ‘No Match’ result is issued, which only means that they cannot trace the passport details on their database. The details on the passport will then be subjected to MRZ passport validation to try and verify it. After verification, a report on the validity of the passport will be issued.
Work Permit Verification
Issued to foreigners with general qualifications who intend to work in South Africa. General work permits are valid for the duration of the contract of employment.
In addition, the following can be verified:
- Citizenship Verification
- Permanent Residency
- PSIRA Check
- Deeds Search
- Driver’s License and PDP
- Accident History
- Principle Trace
- Directorship Verification
- Memberships etc.
Social Media Verification
Employinsight screen behaviours on Social Media and integrate it with the rest of our holistic screening process. Social Media screening became imperative as more than half of the world’s population are on social media, according to a recent CareerBuilder survey. Social Media profiles present a wealth of information on candidates and the officially analysis of this can be used to identify a candidate’s personality, career, and lifestyle.
The comprehensive social media checks are structured around a number of elements that are assessed, score and reported on. Social media screening is a highly suitable method to detect negative behaviour that can damage a business or brand, including racism, homophobism, sexism, substance abuse an unprofessional image or use of bad language.